Friday, August 19, 2011

Holly's Sterling Coffee Pot

Holly's coffee pot reminds me of one of my dearest friends named Holly who loves to entertain!  She has one of those homes where everyone is welcome, comfort abounds, dogs and kids play, and beautiful dinner parties happen often.  My sweet husband and I have been in a supper club with Holly and her husband David for over 15 years.  A few times a year, we get together with 5 other couples and do dinner the old school way!  Everyone has a part in the meal.  The hostess prepares the main course, and everyone else gets to cook a BEAUTIFUL side dish, salad, dessert or bring wine and bread.  We use our china and our sterling.  We all eat too much, talk late into the night and we all help clean up!  These are some of my favorite nights of the year.  We have been through so many things together as friends...the birth of babies, death of friends and parents, illnesses, vacations, sick children, taking kids to college.  These are the conversations that create true friendships and provoke prayers and support.  Having a great supper club is a bright spot on my journey!

2 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

I love your work! It's great that you are painting these items that hold so many memories for you. I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.

Amy Higgins said...

Thanks Theresa!